Thursday 4 October 2012

Vegan Mofo 1st; Corn-Bean Hash

 
My lovely boyfriend cooked dinner for me before we rushed out to Roller Derby training. We brainstormed together over text message and came up with a kind of warm potato salad.

I didn’t know what he had in mind and wasn’t expecting this.

As soon as I took my first bite, I realised this dish tasted just like the Corn Beef Hash I ate pre-Veggie days!

Yes, he accidental created a vegan version!


 Corn Beef Hash is a World War 2 dish, usually made from tinned Corned beef meat, potato, Heinz Baked Beans and onions, thrown in the oven together, posh versions include a poached egg on top or grated cheese topped.

But for a much better vegan version he used a tin of Marks and Spenser’s Cannellini beans, sliced jarred Sun dried Tomatoes, hot cooked potato and sautéed leek and Vegan Cheezly.
Season well and enjoy!

The tomatoes add the meatyness and everything else is creamy and comforting, add a little soya butter and milk if it looks too dry.

I skated lots of backwards laps at Derby and didn’t even realise I could do that!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a yummy dish, I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete