Wednesday 10 April 2013

Pizza Dough from scratch!


Tomato pizza with vegan Pepperoni, Cheezly, spinach, basil, pesto and topped with rocket and olives.

I finally got around to making pizza dough from scratch! Ive been meaning to since Octobers Vegan MoFo. It was totally worth the time and effort, this was the fluffiest softest pizza base I've had!
 
before adding salad and olives
 
I used the recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance, which only uses flour, yeast, olive oil, sugar and water,  all of which I have in my cupboard. Seems dangerous to have the ability to make pizza at any time.
 
the raw deal
 
 This recipe does take a few hours of proving, I left it for about 4 hours so it was huge and fluffy, over twice the size!
There is a first round of proving followed by punching the dough back, which I found hilariously funny to do, poor yeast!
 
 
 
Also the mix makes enough for two bases, so I put one in the freezer for next time.
 
I now swear to never buy a ready made pizza base!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love homemade pizza bases. I always use the recipe from Vegan With A Vengeance.

    ReplyDelete