Friday 20 September 2013

Wedding cupcakes and gifts

I recently had the honour of being asked to make some speciality cupcakes for a friend’s wedding; I made Gluten Free Vegan cupcakes for the guests with allergies. Specifically I knew one of the Bride’s friend’s children was a celiac, and hate the idea of any child missing out on cake at a wedding when everyone else can have some. I decided to stick to simple flavours to please the crowd, so made lemon cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes, I think these cover a range of taste (I only know of one person in my life who doesn’t like chocolate).
 
As an unexpected present on the day I was given this gorgeous Cupcake themed cookbook stand, this is the absolute best gift I could ever think of! I actually don’t own a recipe book stand and struggle between trying to balance the pages open and not get cake mix splashed all over the book. This also folds down nicely and fits in a draw.  
Tonight I am using it whilst making Ms Cupacke's Blueberry and almond muffins, ( again theses have been made gluten free,) for my Mr to take with him to London tomorrow to share with anyone he meets at the Buddhist centre.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me that I need a new cookbook stand, mine broke & I definitely need a replacement.

    ReplyDelete